2023 - Boom or Bust? Economist Pete Wargent and Catherine Cashmore discuss...
In this episode Catherine Cashmore and veteran economist Pete Wargent discuss what's ahead for 2023.
Through the course of the conversation, we cover:
- Pete’s recent travels through the UK and Europe — what’s happening to the housing markets overseas, and how was the weather?
- The Australian housing market — how the perspective differs in the media compared to what we’re experiencing on the ground.
- Could prices finally see some uplift in the year ahead? Have we passed the bottom of the market?
- Pete’s take on RBA governor Philip Lowe’s grilling before the Senate — further rate hikes ahead? Or are we reaching the end of the rate hiking cycle
- How migration is going to affect markets across Australia
- The difference between markets in the Eastern states compared to other regions of Australia.
- Pete shares his advice on investment in the current climate.
- We also chat about Pete’s worldly travels and how it’s changed his life view.
All this, and much more…